Saturday, September 25, 2004

Sound Effects and Overdramatics.

auralorgasm:: The Used - Sound Effects and Overdramatics

Hmmm the new album really serves to disappoint. What's with all the usage of effects? Almost every song kena effected. Wah lao eh. Sigh, I much prefer the songs from the old album. Much more raw, more feeling, and more fluid. Gahhh.

I dunno whether to buy or not. On one hand, maybe it's something which takes repeated listening to like but on the other hand, I don't want to get something which I'll regret buying. Dilemma, dilemma, dilemma. But one thing's for certain, I will never forget the feeling I had when I first listened to The Used.

Had a debate with Khalil and gang just now after jamming about the system in Singapore and I agree with some of the things they said. But I still feel that as Singaporeans, we really shouldn't conform so blindly but learn to question what we are doing. Are we really happy being ignorant? I don't know man but I think although ignorance may be bliss, but I think that knowing what's going on around you is much better. Are you really happy with your life now? Is this it? Look at what you're doing, is this going to be your life? I don't know what's going to happen to me in the future but I sure would like to do something different. But I'm still 19 so choices are limited right now, since I'm still blind to certain ongoings in the world around me.

A person is only a fool if no one listens to what he's saying. But once another person starts to believe in what the fool is saying, the fool will become a prophet. If that person believes in the former-fool's cause, and does what he is told to do, the prophet becomes a leader.

Fuck the cause, lets all just become sheep and follow.

Mehhh.

42.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home