Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Sin City!

And after watching the two most WTF films ever made, I watched two kickass films that made me spasm with joy.

Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy and Sin City.

Ole!

Yeah I know both films are subjective. Some people love them, most people hate them. But how could I just resist the manically depressed robot from Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy? PLUS THE SUPER COMPUTER!

"The answer to the ultimate question of life, the universe, and everything is...

42.
"

Such a gem, such a gem! It had some really crazy moments which I really loved like the infinite improbability drive bit. Wahhhh. Damn shiok.

Plus not to mention they found the PERFECT person to play Arther Dent. Roflmao. Only problem I had with the film was that Tricia/Trillium seemed to be present in the film only as an unnecessary love interest for Arthur. But that's about it.

Sin City is also another fuckin wack movie which I really dig. I admit, I was never a fan of comics but I knew how some comic drawings looked like. Sin City blew me away with its violence, its pulp-fiction-ey way of narration, and of course, not to forget Jessica Alba. Ahhhh.

The lighting was just fucking wack! Coupled together with the black and white and the occasional colour, I just watched it like a moving comic. Plus, the way the frame was composed was EXACTLY like how one would draw storyboards. Wah lao damn nice la!

They even managed to do the whole shadows on the floor through the doorway thing. Hahaha pretty funny that.

Ahhh Jessica Alba.

Okay so anyway, since I don't know anything about the Sin City comics, I have the right to talk about the film as a standalone. I loved the character of Marvin. Such a brute, the perfect anti-hero. Kelvin was just freaky and the yellow bastard (forgot his name) pissed me off big time. Just about the only thing I didn't like was the starting and the ending, which I totally didn't get. I'm talking about the man offering the cigarette played by Josh Harnett(?). But in the end I went to school to ask the comic geeks and found out that it was a little story on it's own for the comic fans so yeah I'm cool with that.

Robert Rodriguez is seriously my hero. I think his films are only okay (other than Sin City which was totally fuckin brilliant), but I really admire his tenacity in life. Got quite a big shock when I found out he also did Spy Kids 1 and 2.

Uhm so uhh I ran out of cigarettes and I'm feeling sad tonight.

Okay that's my life.

Gah.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home