Tuesday, October 26, 2004

I fucking hate Ngee Ann Poly.

I don't bloody understand why I was sent to the company I was sent to while other less competent and less hardworking people were sent to companies that were actually doing something related to the industry. Even if they aren't learning anything, at least they have the opportunity to make contacts.

What I am doing now:
Shooting and editing kindergarten graduation ceremonies. No, I'm not shitting. It's bloody worse than loc vid. One camera (on auto, not even on manual), just do a wide shot and from then on zoom in and out and start panning left and right. Fuck framing, fuck composition, fuck everything which you've been taught in fsv.

Editing is even better. Adobe Premier, just take the whole 2 hour footage of the concert, delete the unnecessary parts i.e when the emcee is asking audience to switch off handphones, do corny transitions, use inscriber, and you're done.

I don't even see the point in doing this. I didn't fucking come to fsv to fucking shoot kids. I dislike most kids. Bloody annoying, noisy, brats. I really don't understand why I was sent there. I didn't get below a B in any of my modules in my first year so it can't be my grades. I don't know what I'm supposed to learn, seriously.

THIS IS NOT A PRODUCTION HOUSE. THIS IS A PRIVATELY OWNED BUSINESS WHICH TURNS OUT AMATEUR HOME VIDEOS AND THEN MARKETS THEM AS COMMERCIAL VIDEOS.

I feel like a bloody machine. I'm not learning anything at all. No editing techniques, no new editing software, no camera techniques, NOTHING. The most I learnt was how to use 2 new cameras and even those were easy to master. Bloody hell. Somebody save me from this torture. 2 days at work and it's already feeling like a month.

Equipment used - DV cam, tripod, mounting light.

Whaddafuck.

This is not production. This is point and click. I don't want point and click. I am not a machine. I want to be pulled out. I want to be pulled out. I want to be pulled out. I want to be pulled out.

Best thing is I'm working 9 - 5 mondays to saturdays. YES GET THAT! I'M FUCKING DOING 9 - 5 ON A BLOODY SATURDAY JUST EDITING A STUPID KINDERGARTEN GRADUATION CEREMONY. The worse thing is that I get to go to work earlier every day. 9am on monday. 7.45am on tuesday. 7.25am on wednesday.

I just need to understand why.

Of course I could just shut down and become a machine for the next 6 weeks. But it wouldn't help anything. Fucking hell.

I FUCKING WANT OUT.

FSV is bloody ill-treating me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home