Friday, January 06, 2006

Sine Qua Non

Life has never been so uneventful before. I will of course, regret ever making such a statement once the shit hits the fan (again) but for now, I'm quite happy just oodling along.

Money's definitely becoming an issue but I'm glad to say that I've won a battle against the summoners.

I meant the parking wardens i.e the evil creatures that desecrate the sanctity of your car/bike/wheelchair/trolley by leaving slips of paper (which demand that you pay money or go to court) on them and creeping off into the night.

I recently kena (I honestly have no idea how to explain the word 'kena') a $50 orh gong (read: fine/sah-mahn) for which I couldn't find a proper reason for. To cut a long story short, I wrote in complaining of the mysterious circumstances in which I was 'orh gonged' (read: fined/sah-mahned) and after an agonizing two day wait, I was rewarded!

For gloating purposes, I shall share with you a part of the email I have received:

4 We have looked into your appeal. In view of your explanation and
the circumstances of your case, we will arrange to waive the above Parking
Offence Notice G------P. However, we will not be able to accede to your
future request to waive summonses of similar offence(s).

Weird. I never requested for them to waive any future 'summonses of similar offence(s)'. But then again, now we know that the plural of the phrase
'kena summon ' (read: sah-mahn/fine) is actually 'kena summonses' (read: sah-mahn-sus/fines).

I love Singlish :D

Anyway, probably gonna go off-roading with Zul on sunday and probably attempt to take some pictures of crazy people on dirt-bikes flying off ramps and crashing into dirt when they fuck up. That is, if I manage to get up later. I'm tired. Zzzz.

Oh and my phone's fucked up so if you have been trying to call me and not succeeding, try messaging me. Would be getting a new phone but I've been procrastinating so uhm yeah.

K bye.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home