Thursday, August 05, 2004

A mind of your own, that you own, that owns you.

The unthinkable has happened.

A certain friend of mine has recently gotten her blog discovered (accidentally) by her parents. Needless to say, her parents were shocked and disappointed upon reading what their daughter blogged about. They confronted their daughter and as a result, my friend felt really fucked and decided to conform to her parents' wishes, not because she felt happy doing so but because she felt obliged to do so. It's not as if the daughter had done something really bad but her parents told her that she had lost their trust. And that had to be earned back.

But by conforming? By living the life which your parents want you to live? By giving up all you love and accept? By becoming something you're not and you will never be happy becoming?

Nobody's perfect. But nobody's ugly too (Except for certain people whom I can think of but that's beside the point). I find it's totally fucked for you to say that you're fat and ugly. Inner beauty shines through. I think if you wrapped yourself in the many layers of physical and material beauty, you'll cover up what's left of the beauty inside you.

Freedom exists within yourself. If you feel free, you probably are free.

This post is for you. Never forget how much you are treasured by your friends.

Oh and if my mom or dad ever reads this, I appreciate everything you've done for me. I truly do. I cannot hope to have a better set of parents. It's an extreme pity I can't say all these to you face to face. Sigh. I seriously appreciate the freedom that my parents allowed me when I was growing up. No doubt it got me fucked up sometimes but hey, I'll rather this than anything else in the world.

It's time to sleep. Good night.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home