Monday, July 12, 2004

Damien Rice - Volcano

Solo artist. Haha this is definitely a first for me. But hey, I really dig the violin in this song.

Okay anyway, my thanks and appreciation to all that turned up yesterday. Honestly, I wasn't expecting so many people to come which should explain my cynism in one of my previous posts. Granted a few people whom I msged didn't even reply, but I'm pretty used to that so yeah I really really reallyyyyyyyyy appreciate you guys coming down to support.

Okay enough of the mush, lets move on to more important things. Senoko Fishing Port. Fucking hell, it really stinks over there. My car was totally not nice-smelling after the visit there. Shiiit. The worst thing that when we reached there, we weren't allowed to bring cameras in. Wan had to surrender his before the bugger at the guardhouse would let him in. Bloody hell. So we went inside and smell nearly killed us all. Went up to the office and we were told that we needed permission to film there. We were pretty okay with that until we went downstairs to take a look at the fish market itself and saw that there was totally no way we could film using a tripod because 1) it was extremely cramped, 2) the fish guys didn't give a shit about us and continued throwing fish and baskets and whatnot around even when we were in the way and 3) the equipment would definitely get wet. So basically it was a wasted trip.

After a bit of deliberation, we decided to go down to the market in Chinatown because there was simply nothing else to do and we were dead set on doing a wet market for this project. So we got in the car, drove off, and promptly got lost in Woodlands. Thank God we had Cherie with us coz us guys, we can't read road maps for nuts. Case proven with Cherie and Fuzz. Okay anyway, we finally managed to find the road to Chinatown, but not before accidentally going to Mandai Zoo and Johor's checkpoint, and we were on our way.

The wet market at Chinatown was really interesting. Reached there at about 4.30 and the stalls were only just beginning to open. Some of the people working there were pretty friendly (although I think they were only trying to cheeko Cherie but that's besides the point) and we witnessed lots of interesting stuff. Stuff like this guy clubbing a fish to total stunnage, then chopping it up while it was still alive. Heart still beating and all sial. Fucking cool.

We hung around and took loads of pictures before we finally had to leave because I had to return the car by 7.30am. Such a pity though, we were told that we would be able to see frogs being skinned alive if we hung around there till 7am++. Oh well.

Okay anyway, sent Cherie to Bukit Merah and then deposited Wan at Jurong then got lost again. Drove to Pasir Panjang and dunno where else before I finally found myself on Clementi Road. NEARLY got lost there too but thank God I found my way to Ngee Ann Poly where I could make my way back. Fucked up.

But it was a fun night nevertheless and I'm pretty much looking forward to filming the wet market this coming saturday. Pictures will be up like tomorrow because....

I fucking hate procrastination. Remind me next time not to procrastinate when it comes to school work because I can't catch up, not within one day. Actually I could but I had to deal with lethargy so didn't get much done today. At least I studied a bit for the Financial Planning test later. I didn't understand much but that's not the point. The point is that I tried. Gahh.

Yay it's gonna rain soon. Good time to smoke.

I still can't believe that YYY's father likened us to Nirvana. We sound totally different from Nirvana! But as long as the guy likes our music, I guess it's all good. Oh and please do critique us. We love having people critique us. It gives us the chance to spit in their faces and go AHHHH FUCK YOU HAHAHAHAHA.

Just kiddin. We would really like to know what you guys think of us, our music, and our onstage perfomance. That'll really help us improve.

No Fuzz, we do not need a PR person. Not now anyway heh. But thanks for your offer anyway haha.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home