Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Hear the Lion meow.

Singapore's 40th birthday has brought me nothing but grief. It's all fine and good for the 2 hours when patriotism suddenly surfaces in your typical aunties/uncles/ah bengs/ah lians during the National Day Parade but why oh why do they let themselves be taken in?

As the years go by, I find myself becoming less and less patriotic and having more and more anti-singapore sentiments. I'll rather pay less for the cost of living than have my money squandered on stupid stuff like fireworks and other shit like that.

I'll rather have more time to do more important stuff than to get stuck in a 2 hour jam just because the roads are jammed by the people prepping for the big day.

I'm not really an anti-singapore person in general but it's shit like this that pisses me off. Patriotism my ass. Serving the country and dying for it? No thanks. I'll bugger off somewhere else and keep my life, thank you very much.

This just isn't the land where you can realise your dreams. This is where you realise that your dreams are just that, dreams. And it'll never be anything else other than that.

The people work against themselves. There's no bloody point in anything. I hate the man on the street. Really, if I'm fighting to save these people, then I'd rather die.

Gah.

On a side note, every few months I get addicted to a new game. I'm sort of like an escapist in this sense I guess. I indulge because I have to.

8.17am and still playing. Haven't slept for the past 23 hours. Hah.

Such a geek tsk.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home