Monday, December 13, 2004

Myth Manglers.

Watched Disney's cartoon version of Hercules today and I really cannot believe how badly they mangled the myth.

I mean c'mon, Hercules wasn't the birth child of Hera and Zeus wasn't this ladida daddy figure. When Hades drowned in his own river, yeah that was it, I couldn't help but wince. AND WHAT'S WITH THE LOVE BETWEEN HERA AND HERCULES?!?! Fucking Disney.

I dig mythology of all kinds, especially greek, norse and egyptian so I don't take too kindly to idiots muddying things up. Mythologies are the ultimate stories, infused with heroes, lovely chicks, fantastic creatures and gods with superpowers. Just my type of thing. Of course some of the gods were always horny so yeah a bit of screwing didn't hurt.

My report's halfdone and I've already hit 1380 words. On retrospect, I think I could probably cut down on the bitterness and sarcasm but that would leave with about uhm 300 words?

Ah fuck it, time for bed. Productivity and Quality Studies class tomorrow. Doesn't that sound just so fucking exciting?

Bah.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home