Friday, November 18, 2005

Vroom 2B

10 fucking points YEAH!

Imma ryddah.

***

Was eating dinner just now with my mom reading the papers at the same table and we just suddenly started reminiscing about the years gone by. And 2 particular incidents crossed my mind.

When I was still in kindergarten, I got into a fight with one of the kids there. Teachers pulled us apart before we could do any real damage (yeah right, how much damage can two 5 year olds do hahaha) to each other. When I got home that night, I told my dad about the incident and he told me, "the next time the bugger touches you, just give it to him". Somewhere along those lines.

Fast-forward to 12 years later. 17 and just about sick of the world. Got into some argument with some guy that's about 40 years my senior. Stormed home before all self-restraint was gone. Ranted to mom. Dad was there. Guess what he said?

"Just give it to him la the bastard!" After that, he just walked into his room to sleep.

My father's not a talkative man by nature. He tends to keep to himself. But when he feels strongly about something, he does something about it. And I guess he expects his son to do the same.

Ever had one of those days when you felt that finally everything was going right and you just want life to be forever like this? I had one of those moments today, talking to my mom, until I realised that half of my family isn't even around three-quarters of the time and it was just this woman that's fighting hard to keep us all together.

That made me feel like shit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home