Sunday, January 16, 2005

Life in Miniature.

It's amazing how you don't see a person at all for more than a year and when you finally bump into him at some random carpark, you find yourself talking to him for over an hour.

At the same time, it's sad when you know a person for a couple of years and yet you're not able to confide in them.

I've not spoken to Spider for quite a long while already from lack of time and energy. I wonder how's she doing.

Played with my young cousins today and it was pretty fun. I don't normally like kids but for my cousins, I make an exception. I look at my uncle playing with his kids in the playground and I feel envious. The very idea of a 45 year old man playing on a playground built for 6 - 12 year olds seems ridiculous but somehow, everything fits nicely together.

Introduced them to the art of kite-flying today and the kids were fascinated by the falling and swooping of the kite in the air. How I wish I could be fascinated by that too. But unfortunately, it's all just a matter of physics to me. The kite flies because it is light, thin, and has a big surface area. When a force pulls at the kite string and wind blows against the kite, the kite will naturally rise.

We're all kites on strings, flames upon candlewicks. We struggle to break free but once we do, we are lost.

Nila hidup aku.


Life in Miniature.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home