Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Farewell.

My grandma has just announced that she's going to move on.

To the nether realm, no less.

So here we all go, traipsing down to Tan Tock Seng Hospital to see her off. But it leaves me with one question,

What do you say to an old lady who's about to die?

An old lady whom I remember most for giving the most money each year during Chinese New Year. So what do I say to her?

Thanks for the cash and I'll see you in awhile?

Call me heartless but I can't feel anything.

To be fair, she hasn't done anything to turn me against her, in fact, there are plenty of occasions when she has helped my family.

But she's not very close to me so...

I dunno la.

And so on this wonderful evening, as the golden sunlight shines in through the window for one last time on this old soul, she bids farewell to her family and loved ones.

Have I ever mentioned how much I hate the evenings?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home